Domestic abuse is everybody’s business. It impacts every part of life and almost all workplaces.
Domestic Abuse – a Workplace Concern?
For someone experiencing domestic abuse the workplace may be one of the safest spaces for them to seek help. We know the well-being of teams is important to employers. Having the right policies and practices in place to respond to the signs of domestic abuse is part of creating a safe working environment – and it could save someone’s life!
We offer bespoke training packages for teams, managers and HR professionals. Our training and support includes:
- An overview of domestic abuse and the legal definition
- They dynamics of an abusive relationship
- How to spot the signs, respond and signpost
- Responding sensitively to disclosures of domestic abuse from colleagues
- Support to develop and review Domestic Abuse Policies
- Understanding the impact and effects of trauma
To find out more, please contact us on [email protected]
“Behind Closed Doors developed bespoke training for our Family Law team. There was really positive feedback from my colleagues, we gained valuable insight from the ‘non-legal’ perspective of what people experience. I have already started to use the skills I learnt in the training.” Patricia Cannon, Head of Family Law at Simpson Millar