Register your fundraising
Thank you for fundraising for us!
- You agree to organise fundraising activities as an independent supporter of Behind Closed Doors. You should therefore refer to raising money “in aid of” Behind Closed Doors, not indicating or implying you are representing Behind Closed Doors or that your activity is run by Behind Closed Doors.
- You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
- You shall only use sponsorship forms, posters, banners, leaflets, badges or other Behind Closed Doors materials provided to you by the Behind Closed Doors (whether in hard copy or electronic form) in connection with the specific activities which you have notified the Behind Closed Doors of, through which Behind Closed Doors has authorised you to raise money in aid of the Behind Closed Doors. You must not use any Behind Closed Doors Materials in connection with any other activities without first obtaining the Behind Closed Doors’s written approval.
- Any printed material must contain Behind Closed Doors registered charity number.
- You will not use the Behind Closed Doors name or logo, nor any images provided by Behind Closed Doors on materials you have created without the Behind Closed Doors prior approval.
- Uphold the organisations values, which are; committed; professional; inclusive; caring; realistic; dependable; client focused.
Organising an event
- You will be wholly responsible for any fundraising activity you put on in aid of Behind Closed Doors. Behind Closed Doors accepts no responsibility or liability for your activity.
- You shall be responsible for the safe conduct of the activity, and take all steps necessary to protect the health and safety of all participants, spectators, and those involved in the activity; including carrying out risk assessments and providing all the necessary safety equipment, where applicable.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining a licence to collect from the relevant local authority. You will need to apply for this in good time before the planned collection date. (Behind Closed Doors will supply any written letter you may require to apply for a licence/permit to collect).
- The collection box/tin must be counted and recorded by two individuals, unrelated, where possible
- You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those involved in your activity in any way.
- You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
- You acknowledge and accept that Behind Closed Doors insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
- You shall stop fundraising, when asked; if it becomes apparent that you are doing something that threatens or damages the reputation of Behind Closed Doors.
- You shall comply with the most up to date Fund Raising Regulators Code of Fundraising Practice (www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk) (Section 1.0, 3.0, 5.0, 13.0, 15.0, 16.0, 17.0, 19.0, 20.0) and Institute of Fundraising guidance (www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk).
Sponsorship Money and Donations
- You shall donate all money raised from the activity to Behind Closed Doors through one of our agreed donation methods. In law, you will be the trustee of any money raised, and must ensure all money is donated to Behind Closed Doors. You must inform the participants if any of the money raised will not be paid to Behind Closed Doors.
- You shall, where possible, encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations.
Use of Personal Data and Consent
- You shall obtain consent from participants for any photos or videos taken of the event which you intend to publish or want Behind Closed Doors to publish.
- You shall follow the requirements under the Data Protection Act 2018 if collecting personal data from participants/supporters. A copy of Behind Closed Doors Data Protection Policy can be provided on request, or please visit the Information Commissioners website to find out more www.ico.org.uk
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and Behind Closed Doors privacy statement
- If you are under 18, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
- A full copy of this policy is included in the Fundraising Pack provided when you register your event.